Kalder by PBN Controls has a reputation for success in specialized environments such as Supermarkets, Commercial & Industrial HVAC and Controls.
Kalder by PBN Controls is searching for a Mechanical Engineer in our Burlington, Ontario office. Acting as a mentor for Junior Engineers, the Mechanical Engineer will create a work environment that is conducive to teamwork and strong professional development. The Mechanical Engineer will specialize in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration systems, and energy sectors.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful candidate will have the ability to take a project from the conceptual stage through to completion, considering budgeting and operational requirements.
- Create HVAC/Refrigeration mechanically engineered design packages using current codes and standards
- Prepare energy retrofit tender packages for clients inclusive of selecting energy efficient upgrades and equipment
- Create, review, and stamp drawings with Professional Engineer Seal
- Schedule inspections, site surveys, and meetings with clients and/or contractors
- Inspect, design, and administer remedial work
- Prepare reports such as heat load calculation, energy engineering analysis, and energy audits
- Assist with timelines and budgeting through financial involvement
- Perform new build Commissioning and Re-/Retro-Commissioning
- Coordinate work and client contacts with other groups within the organization
- Assist in the development and maintenance of new and existing contacts with clients as well as identifying project opportunities
- Participate in professional association events
- Completion of a Mechanical Engineering degree (BSc., Eng., B. Eng.)
- Holder of a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) License to practice in Ontario, Canada
- Ability and willingness to travel for business in the United States (10%)
- 8+ years’ experience in Project Management
- 4+ years’ experience in an Engineering leadership role
- Strong working knowledge of CAD/CAM software and drafting procedures
- Strong working knowledge of refrigeration systems in food retail
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and project development skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starting with the ability to manage multiple priorities on strict deadlines